Christian summer camps are expensive!! What is their value?
Updated: Oct 28, 2019
It is that time of the year again…time to begin planning summer vacation, weekend trips to the mountains, and/or summer plans for the kids. Let’s be honest. A week at a Christian summer camp is expensive! The natural tendency is to consider the cost of camp but not to consider the benefits that a week at Christian camp offers. Here are 5 great reasons to tighten up the budget and begin planning on summer camp for your kids.
1. DEVELOPS RESILIENCY…Sending your kids to a week of camp helps to develop
2. EXPOSES THEM TO POSITIVE CHRISTIAN INFLUENCES…There are many Godly influences that your teen will build relationships with while at camp. I would suggest
3. DEVELOPS HABITS OF SCRIPTURE READING AND MEMORIZATION…While at camp, your teen will be challenged to read God’s Word and to memorize Scripture in ways that they may have never before. The world convinces kids that God’s Word is inaccessible and beyond their ability to read and comprehend. Camp will help them succeed in hiding God’s Word in their hearts.
4. LIMITS THE WORLDLY CULTURAL PRESSURES…Any time you can limit the pressures of a worldly culture and focus on the preaching of God’s Word, you should expect to see
5. CHALLENGES THEM TO MAKE DECISIONS…A week of camp is full of choices that deal with events, plans, games, strategy, and fun. The most important choices, however,
Parents, take the lead and sign up your teen for camp! It will be a decision you (and they) won’t regret.
DJHarry Isaiah 64:8 We are the clay!
**Side Note: Here is list of camps that may be in your area that I am familiar with. This list is not extensive but offers some great regional options!!
*All photos on this page were used by permission from The Wilds Christian Camp